Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Seahorse ATCs

I worked on a 2 partner Seahorse ATC swap on swap-bot.com and and "3 for 3" Seahorse (hand-drawn or hand painted) swap on ATCsforAll.com (and I include a host card when I do 3:3 swaps) in August. That's probably 6-8 ATCs being sent out; some have already gone. Now to decide the rest.

I was inspired by a very curlique seahorse that I saw somewhere. If I remember correctly, the scale was very different, I wanted a longer thinner seahorse.  It proved hard to translate my idea to the 3.5 inch high ATC format. The purple seahorse here and the first orange ATC are from 2013 but older and undated.

Robot Eyes













They were followed by a set that are more "realistic".
Pink Belly
Just hangin' and "Blue"


"Shiny" may have been one of the most fun of this set to create. That seahorse is collaged onto a watercolor pencil test.
















finished "Sketchy Seahorse"
"Sketchy" started out very much a draft and I was not going to finish it. I am glad that I did.
draft
 

No comments:

Post a Comment